You can't activate NiceLabel Designer or automation with the license from the Control Center server. The Control Center has a built-in license server, which distributes the licenses to clients. The communication path for the licensing is standard TCP/IP port 80 on the Control Center computer.
If the direct communication from the client (i.e. NiceLabel software requesting license from the Control Center) is obstructed, the activation will fail. The license is not obtained and the software does not run.
Enable direct communication from the client to the Control Center server:
Enable outgoing communication from your client to the Control Center server, TCP/IP port 80.
If you have defined a proxy server for the Web traffic, make sure the local traffic from the client to the Control Center server is excluded from the proxy.
In most cases you will have to do the following:
1. Open Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Internet Options.
2. Go to the Connections tab.
3. Click the LAN settings button.
4. Enable the option Bypass proxy server for local addresses.
5. Disable the option Automatically detect settings.
See also the Control Center Installation Guide.